cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Transient VLAN

Hello all!  I have a Cisco 3800 series MLS, on this switch I have a transient VLAN(Vlan 400) that connects to a unrelated customer network.  Attached to the 3800 on my side of the network I have multiple switches using VLANs 100, 200 and 300.  The tr...

VTP advice

Hello, I've been given the chore of configuring a dozen routers/switches but although I've been handed some specifications regarding Vlans and IP addressing, I don't have any requirements regarding VTP. I confess I don't know much about this protocol...

spj2019 by Beginner
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Send device hostname in trap message

I want to send device hostname in trap message. Right now hostname column shows IP address. I want it to reflect device hostname. I tried "logging origin-id hostname" but it did not work. I also tried "logging origin-id string SWITCH1" but no luckI a...

VLAN and Trunk problem

Hi all,We have 2 network connected together with fiber connection.Network A belongs to us and network B belongs to mother company with both side have multiple VLANsNetwork A (our switch) have the following VLANs configured as follows:interface Vlan1n...

Resolved! cannot ping gateway

hi,i have wlc directly connected to core switch in same subnet and same vlan,core switch connected to othe edege switches and APs connected to them.I cannot ping wlc from core switch, i dont know how but connected APs are working fineand users are al...

N7K - N9K vPC

I am working on an upgrade from Nexus 7010 running NX-OS version 5.1(4) to Nexus 9500 running version 9.2(3) and am looking to minimize downtime for the client. My question: is is possible to create a vPC between the N7K and the N9K temporarily as we...

Resolved! COM5 Access -Catalyst 3000 - Link UPDOWN

Hi Guys, I have a Catalyst 3850 I am attempting to access via the mini USB COM port.  I am able to connect the CISCO USB and have downloaded the appropriate drivers to my maintenance laptop.  However I am unable to login to the device.  I am receivin...

Downgrading 3650 from 16.3.8 to 16.3.3 after a previous unpacking to 16.3.8? (filesystem errors)

Hello...we have some 3650 stacks that we're upgrading from 16.3.3 to 16.3.8. One stack had some large files on switch 4 that prevented the successful unpacking of the 16.3.8 bundle. In trying to resolve that by backing out of the unpack, I've come ac...

vPC to HP client, very slow recovery

Hi, I've vPC setup on a pair of Nexus 9k (93108) and a pair of 9348. the 9348 have LACP links to the 93108 within vpc. Before putting them into production I wanted to test the speed of failover of a link, so have used an old-ish HP server (2008R2) an...

Cisco 350 Configuration

Dear MembersI have 2 switches (2960, cisco 350) and 24 Aruba IAP 207 in my network environment. My native vlan is 5 and all the switches & Aps are on this vlan. All aps are working fine with 2960 switch as ports connected to APs are trunk as there ar...