Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

MST adding a vlan with no impactHello,on a customer network (more than 50 switches), with MST (3 instances: 0, 1, 2) and VTP v2 (client/server, old switches), i'm requestedto define/add a new vlan (16) not yet defined in  MST-instance-1 neither MST-i...

jabouaf by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I'm new to this workforce and need your help to solve my problem. I have CISCO Catalyst 3560G series PoE-48(SW1) connected with Catalyst 3560G series(SW2)I set up 3 VLANsVLAN 10 192.168.1.1,VLAN 20 192.168.2.1,VLAN 30 192.168.3.1 and set up ...

M_Roz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, experts,Intermittent packet loss ( request timed out ) is found when I do ping test between two Cisco devices (one is Cat3850-Sw01, another is unknown Cisco device-Sw02).Temporarily, the following results are found during the ping test (from Sw01...

bensonlei by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

For catalyst 2960S I will update it to version 15.2.2E9 (MD) does anyone know if there is an update path that I should follow or can I update directly from any version to version 15.2.2E9? I appreciate your help, regardsSwitcSwitchinghin

EmHe by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

-Is there a tool that can compare two different versions of IOS-XE versions? I just want to know major features allowed or removed. I know the release notes contain that information but it doesn't cover what's changed if you're coming from an older v...

tcebak by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a two-port router and external switch.  One router interface is configured with the WAN information. The other interface has the LAN information, including dot1Q VLANs, and some firewall rules. Plug the LAN-side cable into a switch, configure ...

joelm by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello for everybody. A new switch 9500 was installed on the site. Generated an id token and registered the device in a smart account. However, when viewing the license status, you can see the following 9500-1-core#sh license statusSmart Licensing is ...

kapydan88 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've read from Cisco CCNA book that ASIC is slow when using CAM so they decided to use a specialized memory called TCAM to perform faster lookups...but why? how this TCAM can perform a faster lookup? is the TCAM a copy from MAC table?