Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Folks, I have cisco nexus switch 93128TX (running version nxos.9.3.4) with M12PQ GEM module. I want to terminate 10G fiber on it so i bought CVR-QSFP-SFP10 adapter from fs.com https://www.fs.com/products/72582.html  Now cisco saying i have to configu...

Dear All,I am looking for urgent solution for this problem.We have normal cisco topology having 4 core 8 Dist and more than 500 Access switches.I have configure switches with storm broadcast,But is there any other way to avoid loops and to know quick...

Dears,    I have a Cisco Cat 9500-24Q acting as Core Switch running the latest version 16.8.1a. Under its SVIs interfaces, the command "ip helper-address x.x.x.x" pointing to an external DHCP server.   Users are being delayed to acquire a DHCP addres...

Dear community, we have a Problem with our Cisco SG350 in our configuration. Google research completed -> no identical problem found... Our setup:2x SG350 / identical setup / 2 VLAN (1: 1-3 / 2: 4 - 8) / RTSP-Trunks on 9 & 10Application: Live Event S...

mtzstr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,  i have this script to open a web page from the Cisco 1921 router  but it does not work and no hits to the server from this router  any help archivelog configlogging enablepath http://paltel.fireprobe.net/write-memorytime-period 3 

Muradazz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greeting to everyone.Is it possible to have  the same host in different vlans? For example  EN2TR,A2ENTR and ETAPs modules have two ethernet (same ip) interfaces to do ring topologies  is it possible to use different vlans in the same switch to do a ...

vlan.jpeg topology.jpeg

Hello,   I have got this reset reason from the Nexus, how could I find the problem or mitigate it? Device name: SW01_ABCbootflash: 240834904 kBKernel uptime is 0 day(s), 45 hour(s), 26 minute(s), 54 second(s)Last reset at 348680 usecs after Mon Sep 2...

I have two stackable switches, arranging the network in a star topology. I am creating 5 distinct VLANs (one for each different department). if I use the IP addresses Interface VLAN 192.168.1.10.255.255.255.0VLAN2: 192.168.2.10.255.255.255.0VLAN3: 19...

We have two 4500s connected to each other with a VSL.  We are using fa1 as the mgmt IP.  Recently we had to move the cable from fa1 in switch 1 to fa1 in switch 2.  Was wondering if it was possible to set up a backup mgmt IP.  Meaning, could I have f...

mramj499 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A "rumor" says that you can erase the Cisco Catalyst Switches BIN-file using the mode button!Is that possible or just a bad rumor?I know that you can do a factory reset with the "mode button" if you hold it longer then 10sec.   Ofc, I have read the m...

I'm trying to get 802.1x on a Cat6509-E to work with Microsoft IAS. I'm still working through the details, however when I issue 'debug dot1x all' and then issue a 'term mon' command, I never see any dot1x debug information.DET1TR1E#sh debdot1x: Dot1...

s.clinard by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card