Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practice

billybong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm looking for best practice advise on changing our current setup (see attached), I'm looking to bring the switches together and use vlans but is a router on a stick the best solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I use simple setup as below :

Interente ---Router----all switch as Stack ( which can cater all the VLAN, ) end port allocated to respeccted VLAN.

this give you high level

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-campus-lan-wlan-design-guide.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- We observe no attachment(s).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

billybong
Level 1
Level 1

Doh!!

billybong
Level 1
Level 1

anyone ?

Voice-only switches and Data-only switches?  LOL!  Where museum did this design come from?  

I mean, sure, if there is plenty of money to burn.  I have seen worked in a network like this.  The voice team had their own "dedicated" switch.  It was still funny because the voice team did not know how to configure the switch, but hey, the client had "plenty of money to burn" and it was what the client dictated.  

leo ...its been like it for years, i've finally convinced the IT department to let me update it and free up some rack space

@billybong wrote:

leo ...its been like it for years

And it is a very obsolete design.  This design, if I recall, was "recommended" when VoIP started to prop up, like early 2000.  

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I use simple setup as below :

Interente ---Router----all switch as Stack ( which can cater all the VLAN, ) end port allocated to respeccted VLAN.

this give you high level

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/cisco-campus-lan-wlan-design-guide.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: