cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Way of Upgrading Catalyst 3524 & 3560 to Catalyst 9300

neebaum
Level 1
Level 1

So I currently have two 3524 (24 ports each) and one 3560 (24 port).  We just got a 9300 (48 port) to replace the old switches with.  So what would be the best way to copy the configs from all three of the old switches to the new switch to ensure everything works correctly?  I'm new to this so any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3524 is very old and 3560 is old too but not as old as 3524.  I would copy portions of the config (one at a time) to notepad and then past into the 9300. Make changes as you go.  If your current config is pretty simple, there should not be a whole a lot of differences.

HTH

Hi Reza, thanks for getting back to me.  So if my configs on my old switches have the same command do I need to copy them twice and add to the new switch?  If I copy the configs here of all three of my old switches could you help me consolidate it into one config for the new switch?  Thanks for your time and help.

Hi,

Its very hard for anyone to be able to tell you the differences, as the 9300 is a brand new model but the other 2 models are much older.  For example, on a 9324 switch, the ports start from 1/0/1 to 1/0/24 but on a 3560 24 port switch the port assignment is 0/1 to 0/24.  So, as you can see you would have to take the config (one section at a time) paste into notepad, make your modification and then copy and paste it into the 9300. 

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card