cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best way to reset multiple switches at once ??????

rtr679
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am in charge of networking cisco lab for students to learn on Catalyst 2960s & have been trying to research how to factory reset multiple switches at once, in case the students dont reset it properly.

I have come across tcl/eem/expect/smart install/remote shell/plink/octal cabling but still struggling to find a way to do this as I have always struggled with scripting regardless of how many examples/tutorials I come across.

If anyone has any ideas or good documentation any help would be much appropriated the biggest problem I see is that some of the auto methods need you to telnet/ssh into the switch which isnt practical & from my limited understanding to try & hook up many switches to a single switch wont work as the switches wont be on trunk port mode to be able to talk to a "master" switch?????

PS: Also looking for a way to automate a password reset for the switch for when the student uses a different password & forgets to factory reset it if that is even possible???? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Factory reset is intended to use sparse and usually require access to the device such as for instance the need to press a reset button for a number of seconds. You can not acquire this with scripting only.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Factory reset is intended to use sparse and usually require access to the device such as for instance the need to press a reset button for a number of seconds. You can not acquire this with scripting only.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for the reply :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card