Views
Helpful
Replies

BFD

Robo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have cisco 892 router running with c890-universalk9_npe-mz.155-3.M8.bin ios where we are observing the below errors.

%BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx Up
%BFDFSM-6-BFD_SESS_UP: BFD-SYSLOG: BFD session ld:1 handle:1 is going UP
%BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: received from neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx 4/0 (hold time expired) 0 bytes
%BGP-5-NBR_RESET: Neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx reset (BGP Notification received)
%BFDFSM-6-BFD_SESS_DOWN: BFD-SYSLOG: BFD session ld:1 handle:1,is going Down Reason: RX ADMINDOWN
%BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx Down BGP Notification received
%BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification received
%BFD-6-BFD_SESS_DESTROYED: BFD-SYSLOG: bfd_session_destroyed, ld:1 neigh proc:BGP, handle:1 act
%BFD-6-BFD_SESS_CREATED: BFD-SYSLOG: bfd_session_created, neigh 10.80.32.129 proc:BGP, idb:GigabitEthernet

Remote end Alcatel Router is connected , both side the conf is looking fine.can any one help to resolve the same.

5 Replies 5

fbabashahi
Spotlight
Spotlight
Hi , do you configure graceful restart?

Not configured. 

have you checked your physical connection ? because BFD get failures faster , may be you have up & down in your physical connection.
if the points i have mentioned does not worked , another question i have is your router connect directly or there is another router/switch in the path ?

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Is BFD enabled on this interface? If yes, you may want to remove it and test again or check to make sure that both sides of the connection match.

HTH

Hi Team,

As per cisco document because of this accelerated handling of BFD control packets, all output features are bypassed. Users cannot, for example, filter or apply Quality of Service (QoS) to transmitted BFD packets.

Is there any posibility to filter or apply Quality of Service (QoS) to received BFD packets.

Kindly help me to know the same if possible share cisco doc as well

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card