cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth on 9200

CGidcumb1002
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to figure out if Bluetooth works on an already implemented network switch? I followed the Cisco documentation on how to enable Bluetooth and I can connect to it from my laptop but when I connect over SSH, it will not take my credentials, nor other admin credentials. Is Bluetooth only for standalone switches or can this be made to work as if I am using a console cable? I have scoured Google but can't seem to find the answer or I am just not reading the instructions correctly.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bluetooth ready:

Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series switches have hardware support to connect a Bluetooth dongle to your switch, enabling you to use this wireless interface as an IP management port interface. The port can be used for configuration and troubleshooting using WebUI or the Command-Line Interface (CLI), and to transfer images and configurations.

check this guide, is this what are you looking?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-12/configuration_guide/int_hw/b_1612_int_and_hw_9200_cg/configuring_an_external_usb_bluetooth_dongle.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I was able to get the Bluetooth port configured and my laptop connected, I just am not able to login to the switch over Bluetooth SSH. I get to the "login as:' screen but after I enter credentials, it says access denied.

once you get the login prompt, this is more to do with your Local login username password creation ? have you done that ?

post show run ?

BB

Yes, I created a user with privilege 15 and if I use a console cable, I can login with the user but I receive access denied when trying to access over Bluetooth. I will try and get a sh run to post.

if that works using console (do not need show run) when you use it should work on Bluetooth, i would be interested to see Logs when it fails?

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card