cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bridge-group # priority

Sam Oesterling
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to ask a simple question to make sure I have this right.  I'm trying to create layer 2 redudancy to our CME router.  I thought it would be best to make sure all traffic egresses and ingreses from the same interface unless that interface or the switch it is connected to if offline.  Do I have the right confguration in mind to get this done?  I want to make sure nothing funky happens with STP.  Or would etherchannel be better?

cisco 3845 g0/1 <--> cisco 3750 stack switch 1

cisco 3845 fa0/1/0 <--> cisco 3750 stack switch 2

bridge irb
bridge 1 route ip

int g0/1
no ip address
bridge-group 1 priority 2
No ip directed-broadcast

int fa0/2/1
bridge-group 1 priority 4
No ip directed-broadcast

int bvi 1
ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
service-policy output lan_voip_qos

bridge 1 route ip

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If one of the routers will only be used in case of failover, I would configure HSRP on the routers for failover. If you're wanting to load balance, you'll need GLBP.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

j.blakley wrote:

If one of the routers will only be used in case of failover, I would configure HSRP on the routers for failover. If you're wanting to load balance, you'll need GLBP.

HTH,

John

John,

I'm trying to create L2 redundancy between the router and the 3750 stack.  I will be also configuring HSRP for router redundancy, but I would rather the 3845 stay in operation if it is just a L2 failure.

Brantley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card