cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcasting Routing Table

rackrack99
Level 1
Level 1

I've come to a new enviroment where I now manage about 20 switches across the entire network. I have a new switch that I will be introducing new routes/vlans. When i look at switch that has been setup prior to me most of the entires have a O by it indicating that it's getting it's entry from a master table?

I have a new switch with new vlans that i'm setting up ( and currently having routing issues with, see my other posts) that i would need all the switches on the network to know about the vlans behind this switch. I just recently found the MD5 password used for the intital switches.

How can I add this new entry so it's broadcasted to the rest of the switches without destroying what i currently have now. (which I could only think would be disasterous).

this is what the vlans currently have under them:

ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 <key>

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

O means these are intra-area OSPF routes

ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 nis the MD5 authentication key used for OSPF adjacency.

if you want other switches to learn these routes( vlan subnets) then configure OSPF and authenticate as needed.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

So i would setup (example) vlan 335 on a new switch. Would i configure the new routes on the new switch and let it broadcast out? Or is there a master switch that handles all the routes and i setup the new route there and let it broadcast out to the new switch?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card