Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BUG SCRUB

Not applicable

Hi, 

I wanted to know what exactly is bug scrub. What exactly is done in this and what is the use of this process. What is the person doing when he is performing a bug scrub. Can anyone explain to me briefly.

9 Replies 9

Manoj Papisetty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is a proactive software recommendation. Essentially, you run through the list of bugs for a particular software release and filter them out based on the features used in the network and finally report all the possible bugs which might impact the network. 

Regards,

Manoj

Thank you Manoj, this answer is very useful.
Do you know where is possible to find some additional information about this service?

Email me for more information :)

Hi Manoji!
I'm really interested for more information please!

is there an actual bug scrub tool ?

Yes, there is. If you can explain the exact need you have, I can probably help you in a specific way. HTH

Do you know if you can purchase routine bug scrub services independently of a BCS agreement?

@Tim N wrote:

Do you know if you can purchase routine bug scrub services independently of a BCS agreement?

No one knows your network better than you do.  

1. Read the Release Notes of the target release version. 
  2. Read every Bug IDs found in the Open Caveats section. 
  3. Read every Bug IDs found in the Resolved Caveats section.  Read.  Understand. 
  4. Filter out what is not applicable. 
  5. Evaluate what is left in the list.
  6. (If there are any questions about the Bug IDs, raise a TAC Case.)

This is, essentially, "bug scrubber" in it's raw form.  

KapatanRana1355
Level 1
Level 1

How to buy the Bug Scrub subscription and what is the SKU code of this? Please suggest

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card