cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T14

JackDanial23
Level 1
Level 1

What is the difference in the two below ?

c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T14.bin        &

c1700-advsecurityk9-mz.124-25d.bin

Where can I download IOS images when I do not have a contract with CISCO?

How can I know which is the latest version of IOS ?

All I have are few routers bought from E-Bay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have a good answer to your question about differences between 124-15.T14 and 124-25d other than to say that 124-15.T14 is the T train which normally is used to introduce new features and new hardware support while 124-25d is main line code. But I can provide answers to your other questions.

If you do not have a contract with Cisco then there is not anywhere that you can legitimately download IOS images.

Normally the place that I go to determine what is the most recent version of code is the software download pages. But I believe that access to these pages requires a Cisco contract. The alternative would be to search the software release notes for information about recent releases.

Unfortunately one thing about purchasing routers from E-Bay is that there is not a good way to upgrade their software and you are pretty much stuck with the software that came on them.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not have a good answer to your question about differences between 124-15.T14 and 124-25d other than to say that 124-15.T14 is the T train which normally is used to introduce new features and new hardware support while 124-25d is main line code. But I can provide answers to your other questions.

If you do not have a contract with Cisco then there is not anywhere that you can legitimately download IOS images.

Normally the place that I go to determine what is the most recent version of code is the software download pages. But I believe that access to these pages requires a Cisco contract. The alternative would be to search the software release notes for information about recent releases.

Unfortunately one thing about purchasing routers from E-Bay is that there is not a good way to upgrade their software and you are pretty much stuck with the software that came on them.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard. I bought the stuff from e-bay to prepare myself for CCNA..

You have not told us what version of code and what feature set are on the routers that you bought. So we do not know the capabilities of your routers. I would say that in general a 1700 running just about any code would work ok in preparing for CCNA. As you get beyond CCNA into more advanced certifications you may run into limitations. But for CCNA they should work.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco