Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960S flexstack serial number

pclevis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a CLI-command to see the serialnumber of the flexstack module installed in a C2960S.

Thanks,

Patrick

15 Replies 15

techbjs08
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am not able to locate the serial number either with the flexstack module inserted. I have also open a TAC, waiting results.

Bobby

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sh inventory

With the "show inventory" command I can see the serials of the C2960S, the GLC's, PS, but not of the flexstack module.

#sh inven raw

NAME: "C29xx Stacking", DESCR: "Catalyst C29xx Switch Stack"
PID:                   , VID:      , SN:           

NAME: "1", DESCR: "WS-C2960S-48TS-L"
PID: WS-C2960S-48TS-L  , VID: V04  , SN: FOC1542Z2FN

NAME: "Switch 1 - WS-C2960S-48TS-L - Power Supply 0", DESCR: "Switch 1 - WS-C2960S-48TS-L - Power Supply 0"

PID:                   , VID:      , SN: DCA1538P44X

NAME: "StackPort1", DESCR: "StackPort1"

PID:                   , VID:      , SN:

As you can see in example above, no serialnumber of the flexstack module.

Patrick,

The following text " " is straight from Cisco TAC.

"I have researched on this and as per the documents it can only be checked physically but I would confirm this with the escalation team.

I would update you once I have a response from them."

Bobby

Hello Bobby,

Thanks for the info.

Patrick

techbjs08
Level 1
Level 1

Patrick,

Update from Cisco TAC.

The following text " " is straight from Cisco TAC.

"I discussed this case with escalation teams and they have mentioned that

only way to check serial number is by physically removing it."

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Looks like I'll have to agree with you on that.

All my switches are running 15.0(2)SE and I'm getting the same answer.

Odd.

Was wondering how to get the serial as well; however, when I pull the unit there is no serial number/sticker on it. Was just wondering if this was normal or not?

Justin, all of our flexstacks has a label on it. To me one without a label does not sound normal.

Thanks for your reply, I do have a part number label, but not a serial label. When you say that yours has a label you do mean serial number label, right?

Yes the label has the PID and S\N on it. I'm sorry for not clarifying what was on the label before.

Hmm. Ok, thank you. I guess I'll have to contact my vendor to get some clarification from them.

You are welcome Justin!!

Hey let us know what you find out. Who knows Cisco may not put the S\N on them anymore. It would be nice if they would work on the code to get the S\N from the switch inventory.

Just to follow up in case someone wonders in the future. I was told that The serial sticker is not present on units that were purchased as a bundle at time of purchase. It does appear on stacking models purchased individually/spares. (Part numbers that end with an = sign)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: