Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750x License upgrade

cedric.dumenil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Some time ago, we bought some switches C3750X with LANBASE feature. Then we wanted to use private vlan so we have generated and installed a trial ipbase license. No problem with that.

We have now ordered a "C3750X-24 LAN Base to IP Base E-License" and want to use it to replace our trial license that is expired. But when trying to generate the new license from the cisco portal, I receive error message saying: "You are requesting a feature/image license for a device that already has this feature/image license. As this feature/image license is considered uncounted, the quantity being applied to a device cannot exceed 1. Feature sku(s): L-C3750X-24-L-S"

Do I have to use another procedure to upgrade our lanbase to ipbase license?

Can you help me with this issue?

thanks,

Cédric

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The best people to help you with this is the licensing team at Cisco. You can reach them at licensing@cisco.com

Thanks for the advice.

I took contact with them.

Hi,

You can download and use the trial license only once per product.

I have also attached the document about licensing in 3750 series switches for your reference.

You can reach out to your account manager or NCE or mail to licensing team for licensing related queries as suggested by collin.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: