cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C4500E stack. stand by ---

Steveosh72
Level 1
Level 1

I was making a change to the master in the stack and went to reboot the system, but only rebooted the 1 Supervisor , 4500E .

now its in standby mode.

is there a way to reboot both supervisors through a command on the standby switch.

I am remote, and not there to switch to the console port on the second 4500E (which is now the master)

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say "now its in standby mode" you mean in Rommon mode? 

If both sups have booted completely and the one you want to be master is slave now, you can force the master to become slave using the software?

Are the sups configured in SSO mode?

What sups and what version of IOS you are using?

HTH

i rebooted the master by mistake which then the second supervisor became the master, and that first is now the slave.

I am an hour away, and my console cable is connected to that first supervissor (which is now the slave)  the prompt just says Switch-standby>

since my console cable is connected to the now slave supervisor.

is there a command that will force the first supervisor back into the master role  that i can run while connected to it..

I am trying to program them so we can SSH into the switch so we can finish all the programming before traveling to it.

but i can not get the SSH working, and made the mistake of rebooting that first supervisor instead of the entire stack

You don't need to logon to the backup sup.  Just logon to the primary sup and do a force switch over.  Here is the command:

redundancy force-switchover
This will make the current standby sup primary.
HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card