Views
Helpful
Replies

C6807x module support VSS

Steev112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have two chassis C6807X with two 10G modules "C6800-8P10G" in each chassis, can I use these modules to configure VSL on it?

Can any one help ?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Steven,

Yes absolutely you can use this for VSL link,

ref:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6800-series-switches/datasheet-c78-733662.html

HTH

regards

inayath

I second that...You can for sure

Hi All,

Thanks for your confirmation, but I have read only these module can use for VSL:

VSL Hardware Requirements

The VSL EtherChannel supports only 40-Gigabit and 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports. The ports can be located on the supervisor engine (recommended) or on one of the following switching modules:

• WS-X6904-40G-2T
  • WS-X6908-10GE
  • WS-X6816-10T-2T, WS-X6716-10T
  • WS-X6816-10G-2T, WS-X6716-10G

We recommend that you use both of the 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports on the supervisor engines to create the VSL between the two chassis.

You can add additional physical links to the VSL EtherChannel by using the 40-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports on switching modules that support the VSL.

please check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15-1SY/config_guide/sup2T/15_1_sy_swcg_2T/virtual_switching_systems.html

This is my concern.

Thanks

Hi Steven112,

The C6800-8p10g module does support VSS.  The data sheet link InayathUlla Sharieff provided does list the C6800 module supports VSS.  If you want to be absolutely sure you could contact your Cisco Sales Rep if you have one and verify with them.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but still I have confuse based on the above link.

Anyone has idea.

Thanks

Hi Steven.

I suggest you then contact your Cisco rep to help you with this issue.

The only issue I see (which is not related to your question...) is that Cisco recommends that VSL links run in performance mode and you have to configure the interfaces for that...and sometimes that means you lose some interfaces depending on the oversubscription ratio of the module...

Good luck

Ciao

JC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: