Views
Helpful
Replies

C6840-X-LE-40G VSS

adrian.bosshard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a quick question. Actually we installed the brand new c6840-x as VSS and it works quit well.

Now I’m wondering, on the older c65xx VSS we have, I can see on the SUP’s about their VSS status, I mean I can see which Chassis is active and which chassis stand-by. (green or amber Led)

How do I check that on the new c6840-X Switches, I have not seen any led indication?

Thanks for your help

Cheers Adrian

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  sh redundancy

Leo,

He is looking for an actual hardware indicator, which the other sups (VS-720 and 2T) have.

sh redun will sow you which switch is primary and the backup, but it will not tell you if the primary is in rack 3 or 5, etc...

I have never used this sup, but it does not appear that there is a light showing which sup is primary and which one is backup. This is actually a nice feature to have to know which chassis is primary and which one is backup by looking at the hardware.  I guess Cisco is eliminating it. Nice going Cisco...

Reza

Hi Reza, 

This switch was just recently made available (October 2015).  I haven't laid my hands on it yet. 

Hi all

Many thanks for your feedbacks. As Reza clarified, it’s an nice indicator on the older platform to verify which chassis is active and which is stand-by.

It really looks as cisco has eliminated that feature led L

Adrian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco