cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c7200p series routers on gns3

saifbinhasan1
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to gns3.I am trying to configure c7200p-adventerprisek9-mz124-20.T ios based router.But i found it is different than c7200 series router.what is NPE-G2 for this platform.And when i open the console it shows that ios is loading and nothing happens after that.Please some one help me out of this..

2 Replies 2

julijime
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi saifbinhasan1,

This forum might not be the best for your query, however the IOS that you're using is for an NPE-G2 which is a routing engine supported on 7200 VXR routers and that cannot be emulated on gns3.

In this case you would need to use an IOS without the prefix "c7200p-" in the software image filename.

If you encounter further issues with with your setup we would suggest using the gns3 forum as they can provide detailed assistance regarding the gns3 software.

https://community.gns3.com/welcome

HTH

Julio

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Agree Julio, But you can give a try trying different ios for other router. As 7200 series ios should work and load properly. 

Hope that Helps..

-GI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card