Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200 Troubleshooting PoE

Rsbell
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Recently I have been working with TAC on a PoE issue for a 9200 switch. Basically the PoE board died and is it is being RMAed. Before that, I was given several commands to run for additional logs and testing below. However, one command didn't work and I'm not sure what I need to do to enable it or what it actually means. The particular command didn't matter since its being RMAed anyways but would like to know for further references, if anyone can assist? The command I am not sure about is listed at the end in Red.

#sh post

#debug ilpower port

#debug ilpower powerman

#debug ilpower event

----------------------------

Here is what TAC asked me to run -

#diagnostic start switch 1 test DiagPoETest (you may say "yes" to the answer below)

Diagnostic[switch 1]: Running test(s) 9 may disrupt normal system operation and requires reload

Do you want to continue? [no]: yes

#show diagnostic result switch 1 test DiagPoETest

The switch never prompted me to answer Yes/No/Reload

When I enter in the command here is what I get - 

#diagnostic start switch 1 test 9
#
*Jun 21 06:56:12.248 EST: %DIAG-6-TEST_RUNNING: switch 1: Running DiagPoETest{ID=9} ...
*Jun 21 06:56:12.250 EST: %DIAG-6-TEST_OK: switch 1: DiagPoETest{ID=9} has completed successfully

BUT if I run #show diagnostic result switch 1 test DiagPoETest I see this - 

9) DiagPoETest ---------------------> ***N*X**I not configured n/a

My Question is - how to I enable/configure that so that the command can be run successfully? Is there something I am missing or perhaps not understanding fully. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

According to the configuration guide, link below, you did not wrong.  If you are trying this on the switch with problem, maybe this is due the problem.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/17-2/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_172_sys_mgmt_9200_cg/configuring_online_diagnostics.html 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me the output not reflecting - this ma be bug of code i guess, may be i got back to TAC with results :

i did some test in the past (if no PoE device connected, i have got same results as mentioned)

Good tac reference :

https://community.cisco.com/kxiwq67737/attachments/kxiwq67737/4461-docs-network-infrastructure/6775/2/How%20to%20determine%20a%20legitimate%20hardware%20issue.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you

Hi

According to the configuration guide, link below, you did not wrong.  If you are trying this on the switch with problem, maybe this is due the problem.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/17-2/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_172_sys_mgmt_9200_cg/configuring_online_diagnostics.html 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh post". 

If the PoE board is faulty, I would not want for TAC to waste my time and "debug" a hardware fault.  If TAC is really want to analyze the faulty hardware, they can organize it to be sent back for EFA. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco