cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L-24P-4G-E fans not reporting right in 16.12.03

mcotherman
Level 1
Level 1

I was tinkering researching why POE was not working on any of the ports of a C9200L I picked up for my lab, and noticed that the Fans were not reporting as working(they were actually spinning and speed controlled)

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.12.03
... C9200L-24P-4G#sh environment fan Switch FAN Speed State --------------------------------------------------- 1 1 0 NOT PRESENT or FAULTY 1 2 0 NOT PRESENT or FAULTY

If I downgrade:

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.05
C9200L-24P-4G#sh environment fan
Switch 1 FAN 1 is OK
Switch 1 FAN 2 is OK
FAN PS-1 is OK
FAN PS-2 is NOT PRESENT

I see 16.12 is looking for an RPM and 16.9 isn't, but this does not seem right... thoughts?

CCIE# 6771
6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This maybe a bug in both versions of IOS. So, you may want to open a ticket with TAC, as this may be known to them.

HTH

@Reza Sharifi wrote:

This maybe a bug in both versions of IOS. So, you may want to open a ticket with TAC, as this may be known to them.

HTH

do you see something incorrect in the 16.9.x version? it looks correct to me. It says both fans are working(I do not have the redundant power supply)

CCIE# 6771

FAN PS-2 is NOT PRESENT

Ok, I was under the impression that you have redundant PSUs, but if you only have one than everything seems to be working as expected using 16.9.x.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That most definitely looks like a bug.
Raise a TAC Case. TAC should be able to replicate the behaviour easily.

@Leo Laohoo wrote:
That most definitely looks like a bug.
Raise a TAC Case. TAC should be able to replicate the behaviour easily.

I am attempting to put the unit under maintenance, but unfortunately running into roadblocks, it was purchased as personal lab gear, and was not purchased new.

CCIE# 6771

michal.zygowski
Level 1
Level 1

I have opened TAC case for similar issue with 9200L switch - Fan Faulty or not present - it turns that it is a BUG and it is resolved in 

17.03.04b

Described by https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvy10601 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card