Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L-48P-4 G and X Interface Traffic is empty

Daniel-P
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am currently "troubleshooting" some monitoring problems with our C9200L-48P-4G and C9200L-48P-4X.

I first noticed that my monitoring Software which gets its information through snmp and cli stopped listing traffic on all interfaces.

Further investigation showed that the int summary tables on said switches are empty.

Knowing that nearly all Switches stopped showing information with int summary I wondered and restartet one of said switches. After reboot the summary listed values again.

I do not know how to troubleshoot any further because even a software update from 16.12.1 -> .... would reboot the switch and at least temp. fix the problem. Said switches where running for at least 150 days so I guessed something like int overflow ?

Anything I could do would only show effect (or not) in 100-200 days ...

Maybe someone more exp. has some ideas on this topic.

Any help is appreciated 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you, at least, apply SMU? 

In 16.12.1, there is an SMU to fix CSCvt22238.  

Each version has SMU to fix something.  But your description when running 16.12.1 sounds like CSCvt22238.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you, at least, apply SMU? 

In 16.12.1, there is an SMU to fix CSCvt22238.  

Each version has SMU to fix something.  But your description when running 16.12.1 sounds like CSCvt22238.

It doesn't seem to be the case for this type. 

How could I miss that. I went through the Patch notes of C9200L-48P-4G but didn't see this one.

Granted I am still not that experienced with Cisco switches overall.

I will try the update and monitor the situation.

Thank you very much so far for your help.

@Daniel-P wrote:

I went through the Patch notes of C9200L-48P-4G but didn't see this one.

Someone new to Cisco and managed to read a Release Notes -- That is something I do not see every time.  

Look at the SMU section of each IOS-XE release. 

IMPORTANT:  Do not believe in the "hitless" description -- I know of a "hitless" SMU that will reboot the switch/stack.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card