cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200L stacking and power

jmcgrady1
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like to stack two C9200L-24P together (data and power). A requirement is for dual redundant power to be in effect.  In a stacked configuration, would power sharing across the stack negate the need for two PSU in each switch?

ie; the single PSU in each switch connects to a different power circuit.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many switches in the stack ? 2 or more  then you - i suggested first 2 switches reuired Dual PSU always suggested to give redundancy in case of PSU failure.

If you have Dual feed, for single PSU ( you are sure Dual feed working as expected, then Single PSU is good enough ?) again based on the local experience. and you have fully dual feed working as expected.

more informatioin can be find here :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are 2 switches in the stack. I had hoped that one PSU would be enough to power both switches (via power stack). In which case one PSU in each switch would provide redundancy.

YES / NO depends on environment, some people does, Dual PSU in each switch for high availability, some does as you mentioned.

So its all depends on Business requirement and Criticality of the environment

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card