Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-48S fiber switch and support for 100Mbps SFP

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Everyone,

Can C9300-48S switch's 1G fiber ports support GLC-FE-100LX= ?  Can the 1G SFP of 9300-48s be configured for dual-rate Fast/Gigabit to accept GLC-FE-100LX=

4 Replies 4

Hi @adeebtaqui 

According to the Compatibility Matrix, C9300-48S doesn't support GLC-FE-100LX= It supports GLC-GE-100FX

Please find an image below for your reference:

Capture.PNG

***Please rate all helpful posts***

Spooster IT Services Team

I am having issues with GLC-GE-100FX SFP with the Serial Numbers beginning with OPx and what appears as a date(?) of 7/2001. SFPs that do seem to work have a date(?) of 2007 or later and SN starts with “A” I am certain if there are others but I don't have that info in front of me.

In logs the "older" (if in case that is a date) SFPs shows as unsupported and error disables the port(s).

This also is the case with GLC-GE-100FX SFPs that were on 3850s as well.

The failures have been noticed on both 3850s and 9300s using IOS:Gibraltar-16.12.x; Amsterdam-17.3.x; Bengaluru-17.6.x; & Cupertino-17.9.x. Prior to Gibraltar we did not notice this.

Any thoughts? We are planning n purchasing newer SFPs but how do you guarantee that you receive the correct ones?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i believe new one only support 1Gig SFP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I already have hundreds of 100M SFPs in place in both 9300s and 3850s. Also, Spoofters IT Service earlier reply shows that the GLC-GE-100FX is compatible.But thank you for your response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card