Views
Helpful
Replies

c9300 ios_xe "show vlan internal usage" command not working

vv0bbLeS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've been reading up on what technically happens when you run a "no switchport" command on a multilayer switch. I have a Catalyst 9300 running IOS_XE 16.09.03 , and I've turned on ip routing and have run no switchport on one of the ports, and I would like to view the internal VLAN that was created for the new "routed" port, but the show vlan internal usage command is not available, and gives an error when I try to run it.

Does IOS_XE behave the same way that IOS does in terms of creating internal VLAN's for "routed" ports, or is there something else I need to do in order to run this show vlan internal usage command on this c9300 switch?

Thanks!

0xD2A6762E
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, I don't see the equivalent of this command in IOS_XE. I think Cisco removed it from other IOS flavors.

HTH  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The command is still available but only for switches that run IOS. So, if you have any 6500, 6700, etc.. those all run IOS, and the command is still available.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/lanswitch/command/reference/lsw_book/lsw_s2.html

HTH

@reza ,

Excellent! Thank you for your reply. So is there any similar command on IOS_XE that I can use to see the internal VLAN's used by routed interfaces ?

0xD2A6762E

Unfortunately, I don't see the equivalent of this command in IOS_XE. I think Cisco removed it from other IOS flavors.

HTH  

@Reza Sharifi ,

OK excellent, that's what I needed to know. Thanks again!

0xD2A6762E
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card