Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-NM-8X card - only for sfp+?

vstepanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please, could someone help me to find information about if C9300-NM-8X card supports sfp or sfp+ only. So is it possible to use for 1gigabitethernet port.  The only indirect prove that it's possible I found in the document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_011.pdf

on p.5 All ports in the C9300-NM-8X module defaultt to 10G and should be configured asTenGigabitEthernet1/1/1 through TenGigabitEthernet1/1/8, even when you are operating the m as1G using SFP.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes it does

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_01001.html

Table 2  Network Modules
Network Module1 Description

C9300-NM-4G

This module has four 1G SFP module slots. Any combination of standard SFP modules are supported. SFP+ modules are not supported.

If you insert an SFP+ module in the 1G network module, the SFP+ module does not operate, and the switch logs an error message.

C9300-NM-8X

This module has eight 10G slots with an SFP+ port in each slot. Each port supports a 1G or 10G connection.

C9300-NM-2Q

This module has two 40G slots with a QSFP+ connector in each slot.

C9300-NM-BLANK

Insert this blank module when the switch has no uplink ports (this is required for sufficient air flow).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes it does

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/hardware/install/b_c9300_hig/b_c9300_hig_chapter_01001.html

Table 2  Network Modules
Network Module1 Description

C9300-NM-4G

This module has four 1G SFP module slots. Any combination of standard SFP modules are supported. SFP+ modules are not supported.

If you insert an SFP+ module in the 1G network module, the SFP+ module does not operate, and the switch logs an error message.

C9300-NM-8X

This module has eight 10G slots with an SFP+ port in each slot. Each port supports a 1G or 10G connection.

C9300-NM-2Q

This module has two 40G slots with a QSFP+ connector in each slot.

C9300-NM-BLANK

Insert this blank module when the switch has no uplink ports (this is required for sufficient air flow).

Thanks, Mark

Thanks this was very useful !

Hello experts,

I have an inquiry, I have a 9300 but with module C9300-NM-8X, my wonder is why is seen in the show run the fortiGig and the TwentyFiveGig interfaces?

Depending on which NM you install it is just prepared. Like a template.

LMCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Base on the document here:

Installing Network Modules C9300 series

They should be configured as 10G, but you can use a SFP (instead of SFP+) and operate them as 1G.

"C9300-NM-8XModuleAll ports in the C9300-NM-8Xmoduledefaultto 10 G and shouldbe configuredas TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1throughTenGigabitEthernet1/1/8,even when you are operatingthem as 1 G using SFP."

chandankumar
Level 1
Level 1

when i put NM card with cisco 9300 catalyst switch then NM  interface is not show in my switch why

C9300-NM-8XModuleAll ports in the C9300-NM-8Xmoduledefaultto 10 G and shouldbe configuredas TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1throughTenGigabitEthernet1/1/8,even when you are operatingthem as 1 G using SFP."

chandankumar
Level 1
Level 1

if any one can help me then please sand me reply

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card