Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c9300 system loop

I have a c9300T switch that I am trying to configure for the first time, and for some reason, the switch itself keeps going through this weird system loop that I have never seen before and does not allow me to make any input into the CLI. I was thinking of re-imaging the switch but wanted to figure out what was going on and why... Currently, these are the messages that were presented to me via the CLI:

Jan 18 12:45:2
Initializing Hardware......

System Bootstrap, Version 17.3.2r, RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)
Compiled Tue 08/25/2020 23:46:12.85 by rel

Current ROMMON image : Primary
Last reset cause : SoftwareReload
C9300-48T platform with 8388608 Kbytes of main memory

boot: attempting to boot from [flash:packages.conf]
boot: reading file packages.conf
#
###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Jan 18 12:46:17.112: %BOOT-3-SY
Initializing Hardware......

System Bootstrap, Version 17.3.2r, RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)
Compiled Tue 08/25/2020 23:46:12.85 by rel

Current ROMMON image : Primary
Last reset cause : SoftwareReload
C9300-48T platform with 8388608 Kbytes of main memory

boot: attempting to boot from [flash:packages.conf]
boot: reading file packages.conf
#
###############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Any idea what may be going on here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Break the boot cycle into ROMMON and do an emergency-install. 

If this (mis)behaviour is still present then RMA the switch.  

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like somethign wrong while in transit.

get in to ROMMON, download from cisco 17.6.4 bin file, Copy to USB and try to boot from USB see if that able to bood, then you can install using that image ? 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/216944-troubleshoot-bootloader-rommon-and-pas.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Break the boot cycle into ROMMON and do an emergency-install. 

If this (mis)behaviour is still present then RMA the switch.  

Good luck.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card