Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300X-24Y-A and C9200L-48PXG-4X-E Stacking cables

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

am looking to buy the following pair of switches as a core C9300X-24Y-A does anybody knows if the stacking cables comes with it if not does anybody knows SKU for it?

I am also looking to buy the following as 6 stackable access switches C9200L-48PXG-4X-E does anybody knows if Cisco includes the stacking cables for these switches as well if not does anybody know what's the SKU I will need to buy?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

>... The optional StackWise-160 and StackWise-80 kits consist of two adapters and a stacking cable.  Look at Table 1 in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-stackwise-architecture-cte-en.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All stacking cables, regardless of model, are sold separately.

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

In order to stack the 6 of following switch C9200L-48PXG-4X-E I gathered that i will need the following:

6 of these C9200-STACK-KIT (Stack kit for C9200 SKUs which comes with Two data stack adapters and one data stack cable) and in order to complete the full stack mesh I will need one long stack cable to connect in the stack the first switch to last switch STACK-T4-1M. Does the 1M cable if the 6 switch are stacked back to back will be long enough? 

Hi,

Does the 1M cable if the 6 switch are stacked back to back will be long enough? 

I meter is about 3 feet. So, yes as long as the switches are on top of one another with no space between them, the 1-meter cable should be long enough. Also, When you order a stackable switch, usually there is SKU in the order, and it is marked with $0 which means the switch comes with one stacking cable.

HTH

caleb1
Level 1
Level 1

I was confused someone had told when it comes buying switch C9200L-48PXG-4X-E I need to buy StackWise-80 and C9200L-STACK-KIT. From what I gathered The StackWise-80 means it's the architecture allows stacking of up to eight switches therefor beside me just buying C9200L-STACK-KIT to achieve stacking do I need to specify I need to buy StackWise-80 as SKU as well?

I have not purchased any 9200 series switches. So, I can't tell you if you need to purchase the kit separately or not. For all the other models (3750, 3850, 9300, etc..) If there was a $0 SKU in the quote, that would mean the cable comes with it. Now, looking at this site below, it appears that the kit is the cable and also the plug-in module (that is new to me). I would say, to be sure, ask the 3rd party vendor you are purchasing from or your Cisco rep/SE about this before purchasing.

HTH

https://www.serversupply.com/NETWORKING/EXPANSION%20MODULE/STACKING%20MODULE/CISCO/C9200L-STACK-KIT_323938.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwio6XBhCMARIsAC0u9aGz02ZHOex1e71imvAEfFIdLWEMoGwgNKg3jcAhq_FFZS676VxDipUaAse1EALw_wcB

When we buy 3850 and 9300, stacking cables are separate options (purchased separately).  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: