Views
Helpful
Replies

c9407 Line Card Swap, reload required?

StevieC666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to swap out two x 1Gb 48port SFP line cards with two x 1Gb 48port RJ45 line cards.

The chassis in question is the sole point of connectivity for our DNAC cluster, hopefully one day DNAC will evolve to allowing location of at least one cluster member in another location, and also one of two fusion roles.

The documentation says that hot swap of line cards is supported with no mention of needing a reload, has anyone swapped line cards between types without reload in a production environment?

Cheers,

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

The cards are hot swapable and you can simply take the fiber cards out (one at a time) and replace them with copper blades. Also, there is no need for a reboot. That said, I would do it in a maintenance window just in case something goes unexpectedly wrong.

HTH 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

The cards are hot swapable and you can simply take the fiber cards out (one at a time) and replace them with copper blades. Also, there is no need for a reboot. That said, I would do it in a maintenance window just in case something goes unexpectedly wrong.

HTH 

Hi Reza,

Thanks for the quick reply confirming the documentation is accurate. 👍

Good luck Steve!

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@StevieC666 wrote:

hopefully one day DNAC will evolve to allowing location of at least one cluster member in another location

There is an option to turn on/off a blue (and blinding) LED beacon.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card