cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500-4PT-KIT, C9300-4PT-KIT substitutes?

RB6502
Level 1
Level 1

We have an implementation project coming up around the beginning/middle of January 2021 using C9300/C9500 switches into 4-post racks.  Unfortunately, the lead times on the 4-post mounting kits are out to the end of March right now.  I was wondering if anyone thinks that the mounting holes on the C9xxx chassis would line up with the 4-post mounting kits for maybe the C3650 or C3850 switches?  Or maybe a 4-port kit from another 1RU switch?

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you like to use other device kit ears and rack kit - i do not believe hey work with Cat 9500 or Cat 9300

May be 3850 may match for Cat 9300 (not sure ) - but Cat 9500 is totally different. you need to order the correct part.

anyway, they come with a product? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Only the 2-post (front) rack mount ears come with the product.  I need the extensions for mounting into a four-post rack.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hard to tell but since the part numbers are not the same, I would say you can't use a 3850 or 3650 rack mount kit on a 9500.

HTH

RB6502
Level 1
Level 1

Poking around a bit on the web, it seems like the 3650 4 post kit works for the 9300, but I haven't found a substitute for the 9500s yet.

The other alternative would be to get a couple of shelves to hold the switches for a couple of months until the brackets arrive.

see link:

https://www.rackmountsolutions.net/shelves-drawers/

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card