Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500 like core switch

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everybody.

Does anyone have experience using catalyst 9500 switch as a core in VSS?

We want to use C9500-48Y4C model, because it supports the features we require - vss and different type of sfp modules (glc-t/te, glc-lh-smd). As i know, vss for C9500-48Y4C supported starting from version 16.10.1.

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have not used VSS on the 9500 series but just like any other platform, make sure to read to release notes very carefully before deployment specially if this is the first version that support VSS.

HTH

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have deployed Stawise Virtual ( old name on  IOS VSS), they are like same VSS and much improved in IOS-XE

I have seen some issue when you have default 16.9.x it ship with. like GLC-T either connect cable or not, it show as connected all the time.

i was told 16.12.X  --> Gibraltar will resolve the issue or  Amsterdam-  17.3.X. iif you have all 10G requirement, or mGig requirement, as of now best.

yet to test my self ISSU upgrade, ( give you feedback on my Blog once it is done)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji.

Thanks for answer.

But according to this link, there is no version 17.3.x for the specified series.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/catalyst-9500-series-switches/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

And with what model were these problems with the module GLC-T? Did you use  C9500-48Y4C or C9500-40X? 

Appoligies -there is no version 17.3.x for the specified series.  <<-- this one for cat 9300

What model were these problems with the module GLC-T? Did you use  C9500-48Y4C  <-- this is the model

16.12.X  should fix the issue, let me try and get back to you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Can anyone share command output "speed ..." for C9500-48Y4C.

How can i tune speed in interface? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card