Views
Helpful
Replies

c9500 stackwise virtual DAD problem

Keith Lawrence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been scratching my head trying to get out new pair of c9500s configured.

I have set up stackwise virtual and have successfully connected both switches. Everything looks fine and config is correct.

I then connected a port on each switch with a direct fibre to use for Dual Active Detection and applied the "stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection" command on each port and rebooted the pair of switches.

When the switches came back up, the DaD ports were no longer lit up and the show stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection command showed both ports as down. I can confirm the SFP modules and the fibre are fine - it seems to to be the action of adding the DaD commands that causes them to shut down.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My suspicion is it's a bug with the software.

I think you may be right. Ive erased and rebuilt the config from scratch about 6 times with no change.

Ive logged a TAC call so will wait and see what happens.

Hello,

on a side note, which IOS version are you running ? I checked the bug tool but couldn't really find one relating to your specific issue.

I suppose you have already made sure that both switches are running the same license level.

Can you post the configurations of both ports ?

Hi Georg,

Its a new model of switch so there is only one IOS-xe available for it - cat9k_iosxe.16.06.01

The config is also very simple. te1/0/39-40 and te2/0/39-40 are stackwise virtual links and connected directly with fibre. te1/0/1 and te2/0/1 are DaD links and also connected directly with fibre.

SFPs work fine and fibre polarity is correct. Stackwise-virtual is much more basic than VSS but the principles are still the same.

stackwise-virtual

domain 1

te1/0/1

stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

te1/0/39

stackwise-virtual link 1

te1/0/40

stackwise-virtual link 1

te2/0/1

stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

te2/0/39

stackwise-virtual link 1

te2/0/40

stackwise-virtual link 1

Have same problem. Opening TAC

Forgot to update my original post - tac confirmed it is not supported yet for that model of 9500. Roadmap shows support around march next year.

Keith, thanks for the information.

Cheers
Carmelo Jimenez
Orange County Sheriff – Information Systems

Thanks for the update.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card