cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500 StackWise Virtual design question

passakorn.m
Level 1
Level 1

i am planing to improve campus network, By diagram as attached. Each building will have 2 units of C9500-32QC for core building and both of them are Active/Active.

i mean that switch2 can actively forward data traffic as well.  but i am wondering that it can be possible or not ?

Can anyone help and advise my design to make it better ? 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In SVL Design (both the Switches will be Actively forwarding the treaffic one will be act as control pane  ) Just like VSS, primary and secondary.

reagarding between the domain connection, is this L2 or L3 ( as per diagram show as L3)

if it is L2 then you need considering spanning-tree balance with VLAN, so path can be utlised correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have a look at figure-8 in this link:

You want to pick one of the sites (preferably the DC since it is connected to Internet) as your central point or core and connect all the other buildings to that site (DC). The design you posted can cause loop and sub-optimal routing.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.pdf

HTH

Thanks you so much but how i improve the design? do i need Multichassis Etherchannel between domain?

Thanks you so much but how i improve the design? do i need Multichassis Etherchannel between domain?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card