cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAM table Update Frequency - Core 3750 switch

firefox111_2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!  Is there a way to configure the 3750 switch to update the CAM table more often?

We have four Extricom Switches which connect to our 3750.  The Extricom switches serves our wireless infrastructure in our warehouse.  Extricom claims that when a wireless device roams from one switch to another, the Cisco switch is not quick enough to update the CAM table so that the return packet to the wireless device is sent to the previous Extricom switch that was handling the device at the time the request was sent.  Complicated but that is what we are facing here!  There are a lot of device disconnects due to untimely update of CAM on the Cisco switch.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

tonypoku
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with my Extricom/Cisco environment, please let me know if you find any information on this.

Tony,

We are planning to use a dumb switch to connect all the Extricom switches to then uplink the switch to the 3750.  We'll see if this dumb switch can handle beter CAM than the 3750.  We are crossing our fingers!

CRC

I would look at the extricom gear , have never seen this issue even with roaming clients on all cisco gear.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card