cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

campus manager discovery tips lms2.5.1, can not discover 4 devices

evan2five
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to discover 16 devices on a class C network. All devices are configured for SNMP and have CDP turned on. I can discover 12 out of 16 devices. The four devices that i can not discover do not show any pattern to the ones I can discover, Ie the configuration is the same, community string is correct etc. We are running two distribution switches and I have set the Distribution 2 as the Seed. I feel if i set the other distribution as another seed it will discover the other four (however I would like to get the answer why prior to doing this). Any tips/help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

Did you verify if CW is actually receiving SNMP replies from the missing devices?

You can run snmpwalk from the command prompt on the CW server:

%ProgramFolder%\CSCOpx\objects\jt\bin\snmpwalk -v 1 -c community 10.0.0.1

If the system is unresponsive, check if you have reachability from CW server using ping and traceroute.

Review your configuration. Pay attention to the management VLAN, VLAN 1 by default. Does it have (correct) a default-gateway configured?

For background information on Campus Manager ANI discovery I recommend that you read the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_tech_note09186a0080094949.shtml#s1

HTH

--Leon

* Please rate ALL posts.

PS CiscoWorks related questions can be posted in the Network Infrastructure > Network Management forum. This would give you a better chance getting quick anwsers.

thanks for the reply, i will give the doco a read.

Evan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card