cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can any one help me , i m struggle with L3 switch issue.. please help below description

MANI .P
Level 1
Level 1

we have configured cisco 3750 switch as core switch & 2960 series switches for each floor of my floors . suddenly my core switch got restarted . i m struggle to find the reason . can anyone suggest me the any software to manage user friendly to monitoring the switch important logs & interface status & vlan management & routing management & most preferably to use  like cisco ASDM tool. please help to improve my skills .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could use the free Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) to manage the switches. But if you really want to learn the stuff, you should use the CLI.

For the sudden restart, that could just be a buggy firmware. Which version do you run on your 3750?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You could use the free Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) to manage the switches. But if you really want to learn the stuff, you should use the CLI.

For the sudden restart, that could just be a buggy firmware. Which version do you run on your 3750?

@ Karsten lwen , thanks for your knowledge. i look forward on that  . currently we have Switch   Ports  Model              SW Version              SW Image
------   -----  -----              ----------              ----------
*    1   24     WS-C3750G-24T      12.2(35)SE5             C3750-IPBASE-M 

And also i would recommend you , suggest me the Best L3 switch for Medium business . so will go for accordingly to my scenario .  

I would upgrade the switch to 12.2.55-SE9 which is the newest release for that switch.

If you want to replace the switch, I would first look at the Catalyst 3650. Based on your traffic and size of network, the SG500 series from the small-busInes line of switches could also be a good choice.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card