cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Cisco sge2000 stack with Linksys sge2000?

paul.harris
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble getting a stack of three sge2000 switches to connect together and NOT reboot.

Two of the switches are older Linksys sge2000s and they stack well together, but as soon as i connect the new Cisco sge2000, it will make them both reboot sequentially, even though it detects that it needs to be #3 in the stack.

SW 1 port 24 is connected to SW 2 port 12 and they function correctly (both of the linksys switches). The documentation states they should be connected in a ring topology so I first tried completing the loop with SW3 (the newer cisco sge2000). When that had the aforementioned troubles I just connected SW2 port 24 to SW3 port 12. Still forcing the switches to reboot.

I SUSPECT it may be a firmware/software issue, but I wanted to check if they'ed even work together.

Here are the specifics on the three switches:

Cisco sge2000 rev 3

Boot - 2.0.003  5/18/09

Software - 3.0.0.18

Hardware 00.00.01

(both linksys are the same)

Linksys sge2000 rev 3

Boot - 1.0.0.05

Software - 1.0.0.45

Hardware - 00.00.01

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Replies 2

Tarquin Joseph
Level 1
Level 1

From this document under  "Limitations and Restrictions":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sfe2000/release/notes/SFE2000_SFE2000P_RN_072309.pdf

Mixing firmware versions in the stack is not supported.  It looks like you should be able to upgrade the Linksys branded switches to the later versions of the firmware.  From the same document, seems like you need to use the Easy Upgrade Utility.

I have exactly the same problem as Paul.

Does anyone know where to get this Easy Upgrade Utility?

I tried to find this on CD with documentation and tools to Cisco SGE2000 and on cisco.com website, but with no results.

Can anyone help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card