Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2020

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Can I have 2 cat swithes under 2 Racks of ASR9K (delustered) M-LAG and then a server beneath the switch on a port-channel. Will the 2 cat switches work under a single MC lag group ?

I have a pair of ASR9Ks, under M-LAG group (de-clustered), and have 2 stack of Cat9000 series switches dual-homed to ASR9K,

Can I have a server/switch under the extisitng setup with a port-channel configured on it and each physical link in the port-channel group going to each cat9000 switch ?

what should be the configuration be like ?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Expert

Re: Can I have 2 cat swithes under 2 Racks of ASR9K (delustered) M-LAG and then a server beneath the switch on a port-channel. Will the 2 cat switches work under a single MC lag group ?

Hello,

you have written you have two stacks of Catalyst 9000.

If this is true downstream devices need two port-channels one to stack1 and one to stack2.

Each port-channel will be multichassis LAG on the Cat9000 stack side this means you can use member links terminated on different switches of the same stack.

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hall of Fame Expert

Re: Can I have 2 cat swithes under 2 Racks of ASR9K (delustered) M-LAG and then a server beneath the switch on a port-channel. Will the 2 cat switches work under a single MC lag group ?

Hello,

you have written you have two stacks of Catalyst 9000.

If this is true downstream devices need two port-channels one to stack1 and one to stack2.

Each port-channel will be multichassis LAG on the Cat9000 stack side this means you can use member links terminated on different switches of the same stack.

see

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.pdf

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad