cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can LLDP be disabled on the SGE2000 switch?

I just want the switch to be quiet so that I can perform some network testing with only the connected hosts showing up in my traffic analysis program. But every 30 seconds or so the switch sends out an LLDP packet. This switch is only used in the lab for running tests so I know I don't need the LLDP feature running.

This article explains how to disable LLDP globally on a Catalyst switch, but I can't find any option to disable LLDP in the SGE2000's configuration menus.

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

schaef350
Level 1
Level 1

Not familiar with them but have you tried breaking into the CLI like this:

http://www.megabot.nl/wp/?p=57

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

This switch does not support LLDP. The only discovery protocol is supports is Bonjour.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom,

That does help somewhat since it gives me a more precise name for the discovery that seems to be going on here. I only know the packets the switch sends out have an ETHERTYPE of 0x88CC, which is the LLDP frame. So I suppose my question is how do I turn off Bonjour. Can you give me your source for saying the switch only supports Bonjour?

Thanks schaef350,

I was able to get into the command line mode on the switch, but I got stumped at that point. I need to look over the documentation for this command line interface. Am I correct in assuming that this is different from the normal Cisco IOS command line i.e. like the Catalyst product line?

Message was edited by: Eric Pope fixed formatting

Are you absolutely sure the LLDP frame is being sent by the switch? Is there a phone inline somewhere or is your host sending LLDP?

Hi Daniel,

Based solely on the source MAC address I would say I am sure. I am conected directly to the switch and there are no other hosts connected on the line. The source address of the Ethernet frame is different than my host's MAC address. I don't know much about LLDP though, doesn't it use the host's MAC addr as the source?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card