cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can someone provide a link to the firmware download for Cat65k 67xx series line cards?

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

I want to check the current firmware releases on Cisco.com for line cards fitted to 6500 series switches. The only images I've been able to locate are those for the supervisor modules.

I cannot locate rommon/firmware images for the 67xx line cards, where are these on the website?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not aware that the modules were meant to download the ROMMON image from the supervisor as the image on the supervisor isn't the same one so I can't see how that would work.

And your output shows it doesn't.

For the download link for one of the images you are using -

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280829702&softwareid=280805687&release=12.2(18r)S1

just do an internet search on the image name, it's what I did.

Jon

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thats not required thats the reason you dont see the link.

Linecards will download the image from Supervisor module.

HTH

Regards

Inayath

**Please rate if this info is helpfull.

Ha, that would explain it then! Thanks for quick reply.

Since receiving the reply yesterday I've had a closer look at this. Attached is an excel file that shows the firmware versions for all the modules fitted.

I see that the same module type has 1 of two firmware versions, surely if this had been downloaded from the supervisor at module boot time then the same version of card would have a consistent firmware version??

E.G. the WS-X6748-SFP modules have either 12.2(14r)S5 or 12.2(18r)S1 in the same chassis.

Can someone explain this in a bit more detail please?

I'm not aware that the modules were meant to download the ROMMON image from the supervisor as the image on the supervisor isn't the same one so I can't see how that would work.

And your output shows it doesn't.

For the download link for one of the images you are using -

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=280829702&softwareid=280805687&release=12.2(18r)S1

just do an internet search on the image name, it's what I did.

Jon

That's spot on from Jon. I just did line card firmware updates recently to that version

Andre, did you have any problems with the upgrade process, anything I should be aware of? I will have to write a document for someone else to do this work I expect, probably wont be me who does it.

HI. The upgrade itself was simple. Just follow the guide. The file is a few Kilobytes so its pretty quick. I am only adding the switch back to production this Friday. So I'll know then if all is well. There were no errors or SYSLOG messages regarding the new firmware.

PS. I attached the Upgrade guide PDF from Cisco.com.

Hi aacole. Just an update on my progress. Since putting the device back in production after the firmware update on the line cards I have seen no issues. Everything is working well.

Thanks Jon, I should have thought of the obvious solution! I was following the software download navigator process thinking that was the right way to find the code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card