Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we stack Cisco 2960S 24ports with 48 ports

smartavi25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 3nos. of cisco WS-C2960S-48TS-L switches and 1 nos. of WS-C2960S-24TS-L switch , Can I stack them together? Following are details.

IOS ver of switches-:c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin

Both switches having same IOS ver.

Thanks,

Arvind.

3 Replies 3

Kevin P Sheahan
Level 5
Level 5

Yes and with that code I believe you can stack up to 4 of them together. The main limiting factor with stacking is that they are running the same code so as to ensure that their stacking software version is the same. This is called stackwise for 3750's, not sure what it's called for 2960's but essentially the same thing

Kind Regards,

Kevin

**Please remember to rate helpful posts as well as mark the question as 'answered' once your issue is resolved. This will help others to find your solution faster.

Kind Regards, Kevin Sheahan, CCIE # 41349

HI kevin,

thanks , for info ,Let me check  first and let you know.

Thanks,

Arvind.

Dear Arvind,

The feature in the 2900 series is called "Cisco FlexStack Stacking" and as i could find is "a  stack module can be added to any Catalyst 2960-S  switch with LAN Base software to quickly upgrade the switch to make it  stack capable, and the switch added to the stack will upgrade to the  correct Cisco IOS Software version and transparently become a stack member."

Hope you got that module with you...!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: