Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant able to trace a switch port by mac address

Hi Team ,

i have cisco  "SG300-52  i cant able to trace switch port by mac address when the device 

is not connected (live )

"i use sh mac address-table address cmd to trace it out "

if the machine  previously connected to switch but currently not

is there any way to trace it out please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

The computer must generate any query to be discovered and inserted into the CAM, try to make a ping to the gateway and try again. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No if the arp table  and the mac table have timed out for the device it has left the network in terms of visibility

You would need to physically trace it at this stage

Hi

The computer must generate any query to be discovered and inserted into the CAM, try to make a ping to the gateway and try again. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks sir the host is not live i have ping and tried but no luck
think have to track physically .

Hi

Your are welcom, also try restarting the PC, I think the commands vary on the SG300 but is useful search with:

sh mac-address-table address | include abcd   (where abcd are the last 4 values of the MAC address)

sh mac address-table address | include abcd   (where abcd are the last 4 values of the MAC address)

:-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card