Views
Helpful
Replies

cant delete voice vlan on a sg300 switch

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all,

im struggling to delete a voice interface vlan, as you can see from the pic below no ports are assigned to this vlan ie tagged/untagged but its still not letting me delete the vlan

any help please would be much appreciated

many thanks,

rob

12 Replies 12

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
did you try make another vlan the voice vlan first then delete it , maybe that switch requires there to be at least 1 voice vlan present at default ?

or maybe its same issue as this post
https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-switches/sg300-sg500-remove-interface-vlan/td-p/2506411

how do you set another interface vlan to be the default voice vlan please Mark?

is it

i triued this

voice vlan id 1
dante(config)#no vlan 35
VLAN 35 cannot be deleted because it is used as the agreed Voice VLAN.

many thanks,

rob

thanks Mark,

i did try going in the GUI aswell but what i dont understand is the voice vlan is set to 1 but the operational voice is set to 35???

just read this

https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/SG220_Emulators/SG220_Emulator_v1-0-0-18_20140626/help/VLANs09.html

so i cant make vlan 1 ie the default a voice vlan

but now when i do this

dante(config)#voice vlan id 7
For Auto Voice VLAN, changes in the voice VLAN ID, CoS/802.1p, and/or DSCP will cause the switch to advertise the administrative voice VLAN as static voice VLAN which has higher priority than voice VLAN learnt from external sources.
Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)[Y] N

shall i continue?

Yes was just goina say that seen it in the doc shouldnt be 1
--Voice VLAN Configuration

Note: The switch default VLAN (VLAN 1, by default) cannot act as the Voice VLAN. A new VLAN must be created. Refer to the article VLAN

is this a production switch ? are there users working on it now ?

as i said im not familiar with these SMB switches i use the catalyst but looking at that post its what i was thinking yes make another vlan voice then delete vlan 35 , there may be a requirement there has to be some sort of voice vlan in place as i know these switches can do voice automatically based on CDP i think and get self assigned to vlans to reduce mgmt overhead but i havent ever got into them to really test them

i wouldnt make changes on it live if your and it may effect anyone

well this switch hasnt got any voice traffic going across it, i dont know how it got added to be honest with you

it is a production switch

vlan 7, all the ports are configured 1-48 to be untagged vlan 7 so everything going through it is just data

Looked at the emulator online there , on the GUI could you not just disable it

v1.PNGv2.PNG

mmm... i dont see the option to disable it

is it "disable"dynamic voice vlan?

ok scratch that , reading this you must have a voice vlan

Voice VLAN Constraints
The following constraints exist:

Only one Voice VLAN is supported.
A VLAN that is defined as a Voice VLAN cannot be removed

In addition the following constraints are applicable for Telephony OUI:

The Voice VLAN cannot be VLAN1 (the default VLAN).
The Voice VLAN cannot be Smartport enabled.
The Voice VLAN cannot support DVA (Dynamic VLAN assignment).
The Voice VLAN cannot be the Guest VLAN if the voice VLAN mode is OUI.

If the voice VLAN mode is Auto, then the Voice VLAN can be the Guest VLAN.

The Voice VLAN QoS decision has priority over any other QoS decision, except for the Policy/ACL QoS decision.
A new VLAN ID can be configured for the Voice VLAN only if the current Voice VLAN does not have candidate ports.
The interface VLAN of a candidate port must be in General or Trunk mode.
The Voice VLAN QoS is applied to candidate ports that have joined the Voice VLAN, and to static ports.
The voice flow is accepted if the MAC address can be learned by the Forwarding Database (FDB). (If there is no free space in FDB, no action occurs).

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/features/2138-voip-vlan-guide-for-cisco-200300500-series-switches/

thanks Mark,

i just need to find a way to get voice of vlan 35 and put it on vlan 7 so i can then delete vlan 35

il do more digging...

Not sure if ever resolved this, but here's how you delete this:

voice vlan oui-table remove <hex code>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco