cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 3750G corrupted password

cat3750g6oF4Nq
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Catalyst 3750G 48p PoE switch. When i firs set it up, i had a piece of paper and a pen (which i still have) that i wrote username and password on. So i still have this.

However, the switch no longer accepts that username and password. I can guarantee 1000% that the password written down is accurate, however it no longer works. What happened? Is my network breached? How can i enter the switch and at least dump the config?

I guess getting in is useless? How about console cable? I know about how to reset to factory defaults, but i really do have to avoid that. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

AllertGen
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, .

There is can be a lot of reasons why your password not works after puting it. you can try to find a reason after getting access to the configuration.

If tou didn't use a "write" or "copy running-config startup-config" you can just reboot your switch. If you did you can use this to drop a password (you need a console cable for it): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html

After running system from a rommon you can look at config (the command is "more flash:Config.txt") before installing a new password.

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thanks. Ok. By pure chance, i came across the Cisco network assistant. Installed it, and it was infact able to detect my switch and let me install a telnet password to at least access the switch.

From there i was also able to use it to set a new enable password.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card