Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT 3750v2 Wake On LAN

ciaranjmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I'm looking for information about the newer 3750 Version2 boxes and Wake on LAN. One of my colleagues came to me today looking for an image that is supported on these boxes that also supports Wake on LAN. We had been running 12.2(46)SE on our existing 3750's which does support (WOL) but this IOS version does not work on the version 2's.

Has anybody else come across this, or has IEEE 802.1x - Wake on LAN Support been renamed or something? I haven't had a chance to look at the boxes myself yet but I'm hoping to set up a test in the next day or so to verify if WOL runs on these boxes or not.

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ciaran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF you want WoL then MS AD can do it.  If you want funky report then EnergyWise is your best bet.  EnergyWise Orchestrator is no longer being sold by Cisco.  Instead this proggie has been handed back to the owners, Verdiem. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IF you want WoL then MS AD can do it.  If you want funky report then EnergyWise is your best bet.  EnergyWise Orchestrator is no longer being sold by Cisco.  Instead this proggie has been handed back to the owners, Verdiem. 

Hi leolaohoo,

thanks for your reply. It wasn't until after I had posted the question that I was reminded IEEE 802.1x - Wake on LAN is a reference to the optional authentication method that can be used not WOL itself. Thank you for your answer

Thanks for the ratings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card