Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 6503 broken

samisa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a broken C6503. It has no power at all, all leds are off in front and in back.

Is the PEM broken or power supply in back?

Br,

Sami

4 Replies 4

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Just to confirm, have you checked if there's power coming from the socket? Make sure cables are properly connected.

When you turn it off and on, do you see any change, do fans start or any led works?

If power is available and no change is seen when turning off and on, it's most likely a hardware issue with the PEM or power supply, so try replacing it.

Best regards,

Andras

Hi,

I tried two power sources with same results. I also checked that cable is correctly plugged in. After turning power on - no leds are lit or fan spinning.

Is there any way to verify if PEM or PWR is faulty?

Br,
Sami

Hi,

If you have another chassis which is working or a spare chassis/PSU, you can try swapping parts to see which one is broken.

Best regards,

Andras

Was this 6503 working prior to you encountering this issue (ie. All of a sudden it won't come up after being powered down)?

If not, I'd check that power coming in to the switch.  Electricians are usually not just walking around the data center on a regular basis, so I'd agree with Andras short term, but it's probably you incoming power.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card