Views
Helpful
Replies

cat 9300 -stacking

saeedek
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have 2 switches sacking cat 9300 same ios and every thing is running ok but some time switch no 2 is reloaded automatically.(IOS Fuji 16.9.3).any recommendation ??

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can you activate syslogging , afterwards check the syslog server's logs for abnormal messages coming from the stack during the 'incident window'.. Also get the to the member that reboots (session 2) and issue show version. Post the reason (output) for the reload.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the following commands:
1. sh version; and
2. dir crashinfo-2:

steeleryan
Level 4
Level 4

CLI Analyzer is your friend! https://cway.cisco.com/cli/

It can analyze the crash files as well! Can't speak highly enough about this tool!

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

My question is vice versa - how can i reload the entire stack of two 9300L switches? Because when i use "reload" command, only the active switch is reloaded... And standby become an active switch.

What firmware is the stack running on?

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.11.01c
Cisco IOS Software [Gibraltar], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.11.1c, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode
------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- ----
* 1 52 C9300L-48P-4G 16.11.1c CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL
2 52 C9300L-48P-4G 16.11.1c CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL

Oooof! 16.11.1c!
16.11.X is a version to avoid.

What version of software should be used?

Since it is a 9300L, go with the latest 16.12.X.
16.11.X is a train wreck that caught fire.

In this case, what is it easier and safer to update version remotely on this stack?

Is 16.12.2 ED fine for 9300L series?

The latest 16.12.X is 16.12.3. Go with that.

Installed version 16.12.2 - now both switches in the stack are reloaded with "reload" command.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card