Views
Helpful
Replies

cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.07.03.E.152-3.E3.bin POE Issues on 3650

michael.davis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

So I upgraded via the install option 23 new out of the box 3650 switches to IOS cat3k_caa-universalk9.SPA.03.07.03.E.152-3.E3.bin. After doing so I'm having POE issues on all 23 boxes. Some ports supply POE and some do not. One interesting thing I see is that on a few of the boxes if we had POE devices on ports 1-4 they would not come up bu if we plugged one into port 5 all of a sudden the other ports came up. Some ports will come up eventually or not at all. I have a hard time believing all 23 switches are bad. Any help would be appreciated. We're opening a TAC case tomorrow. Anyone know of a bug with this IOS for this type of switch?

Thnx Mike

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Is there a way for you to use 3.07.01E in couple of them and see if you still absorb the same issue?

HTH

We have a Cisco TAC case opened and he actually fell back to ver 03.06.05 and the problem still persist. He did inform me that there is a bug with 03.07.03 concerning POE and IEE compliant devices. It's really not recommended if you are running multiple devices and especially if they are not Cisco. It may be that once upgrading to 03.07.03 has bricked the POE portion. Very strange it would seem that it has happened on all of the switches.  

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Mike,

There is a known issue related to port 1-4 not providing PoE and its being worked on. can you message me the case number privately please?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card