Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cat4500-ENTSERVICESK9-M LICENSE

Hi!

Due to an slot issue with our 4507, we had to ask for a RMA to the whole chassis. We have received the new chassis, and planning to move all the linecards/2 supervisors to this new chassis, My question is: do I have to be concerned about licensing? The switch is running this IOS:

cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-46.SG

It is a WS-C4507R-E Supervisor V

Will I have to load a new license once I have moved the supervisors to the new chassis? Or will the license remain on the supervisors and I will be able to use Enterprise Services? A few years ago I remember I had to use the command license right-to-use activate--- in order to enable IP Base Feature on one supervisor.

Might be a simple question, but I'm quite confused, I don't know if the chassis change might impact.

Thanks.

Fabio.

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm not sure of the answer, but you can use the RMA licence transfer tool in the licensing portal if an actual licence needs to be moved.

https://www.cisco.com/go/license

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You don't have to do anything.  The license is on the sup and since you are moving it to the new chassis, you are good.

HTH

Thanks a lot!!

Fabio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco