cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT6500 VSS Dual-active detection fast-hello: ¿both endpoints?

rogelioalvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team:

The config guide says that you must choose and configure at least one interface (max of 4) on which DAD fast-hello is to be activated. Example:

Router(config)# interface fastethernet 1/2/40

Router(config-if)# dual-active fast-hello

Let´s suppose that this interface is connected to fastethernet 2/2/40 (on the other switch). ¿Do I need to configure the same previous command on the peer interface?

Your kind help will be greatly appreciated

TIA, Rogelio

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Let´s suppose that this interface is connected to fastethernet 2/2/40 (on the other switch). ¿Do I need to configure the same previous command on the peer interface?

Absolutely,  "dual-active fast-hello" command must be configured on both switches.

HTH

View solution in original post

Simon Leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I would do at least two ports as recommended and if possible use different blade between the two chassis in case if hardware issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Absolutely,  "dual-active fast-hello" command must be configured on both switches.

HTH

Hi Reza:

I am Rogelio from someone else´s account. I am not being able to sign in with my username/password; I requested the password to be reset, but I can not reach the sign on system to make my password be changed.

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

Rogelio

Hi Rogelio,

Please rate and mark the post as answered, so others can benefit from it.

Thanks,

Reza

Simon Leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

I would do at least two ports as recommended and if possible use different blade between the two chassis in case if hardware issues.

Hi Simon:

I am Rogelio from someone else´s account. I am not being able to  sign in with my username/password; I requested the password to be reset,  but I can not reach the sign on system to make my password be changed.

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

Rogelio

Simon Leigh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rogeilo.

Not a problem!

If you found the answer useful then please rate it
:)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card