Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalys 2960X some Ports without PoE

baumer-ts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together

I have a strange PoE problem with two WS-C2960X-48LPD-L switches (IOS 15.2(2)E5).

I have on some (not all)  switch ports no PoE support. The most strange thing is, that i have no log entry about a problem or somthing like that. Also after a reboot. No errors or warnings.

The following checks/actions I have already made.

- Different devices (AP,Miniswitch,PoE-tester) on the affected ports -> no power for all

- reboot switch -> same problem

- check power consumption -> ok

Module   Available  Used   Remaining
           (Watts)  (Watts)  (Watts)
 ------  ---------  ------- ---------
 1          370.0     49.0    321.0
 2          370.0     93.8    276.2

I have a lot of switch of the same type in my campus, but never a behavior like that. This is my last try to find out what happen before I start a RMA request. So, I hope someone know this problem and have a solution for me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would RMA that if its is under support , POE ports do blow I have a few of them gone around our sites , if there is multiple ports gone just replace it , its hardware so if its not working it needs  to be replaced , you could try diff software to be sure first its not some strange bug but sounds like faulty hardware

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would RMA that if its is under support , POE ports do blow I have a few of them gone around our sites , if there is multiple ports gone just replace it , its hardware so if its not working it needs  to be replaced , you could try diff software to be sure first its not some strange bug but sounds like faulty hardware

Hm, I think I have to do it. Just I wonder, that I have no errors. Did you had the same experience?

I have poe ports that are dead  at the minute on switches , rarely multiple ones if that happened I just get them to swap it out but they do go time to time , poe should work without any config usually on standard devices like phones

this doc has some things that you can check for poe , same command syntax should be there on 2960

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/troubleshooting/g_power_over_ethernet.html

Hi Mark
So, after long test and analysis time i have initiated a RMA for the switches. I wasn't surprised as the support asked me, that I'm realy sure about that :)

hank you for your help.

Marco

Dear Team, I am also facing the kind of issues in regards the Cisco switch POE port that showing the POE is dead on repetitive port . we are moving further to replace the devices for RMA

Still not able to get any single log of POE dead, Please tell any one if you do have any idea for the same

Best Regards

Sandeep Yadav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card